Occupational first aid provides participants with the skills and knowledge to be able to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of first aid in the workplace.
Who is this course recommended for?
• Workplace first aiders, or those responsible for first aid rooms and facilities; and
• Those who wish to complete a HLT31215 Certificate III in Basic Health Care or HLT41115 Certificate IV in Health Care. Course Name: OFA - Occupational First Aid Skill Set (HLTSS00027) Course Code: OFA Course Duration: 3 Days Training Plans: OFA Description:
This course is an extension of the skills learned in the HLTAID003 Provide first aid course and provides participants with the skills to be able to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of first aid in the workplace.
COST: $500 per person
On successful completion of this course you will be issued a Certificate in:
- HLTSS00027 Occupational first aid skill set
which consists of the following units of competency:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources Assessment:
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities, written activities and a written test paper.
You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of similar activities.
Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes if undertaking classroom training.
Mode of Delivery:
Face to face and pre reading materials
Units of Competence:
Code Unit Name Type HLTAID006
Provide advanced first aid
Provide advanced resuscitation
Manage first aid services and facilities
If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment for this unit.